Too many students choose their driving schoolon the sole criterion of proximity. This is a common mistake that may prevent you from later transferring your file to another institution if you disagree with your driving school. To choose the ideal place where you will learn to drive, the first thing to note is that the chosen school is legal. The other criteria for selecting a driving school are proximity and price .The quality of the service is far behind. Do not neglect this aspect. Choosing a driving school is essential for the success of your drivers license if the learning conditions are optimal. So, do not be seduced too quickly by the rates or the look of the secretary!
Tips for driving school selection and what questions you
There are three things to keep an eye on:
Of course, the human factors are important here, i.e.
friendliness, courtesy and helpfulness are of course always part of a service.
Driving school office
When choosing the driving school, the following areas are
- Pay attention to order, competence and expertise. From
enrollment to exam, you will plan all the steps of your training with the
driving school office.
- A good consultation draws attention to problems in good time and reduces your effort.
- A competent lecturer who answers your questions saves a lot
of learning effort at home. He brings you closer to the context, the really important
clearly out of the topic and explains complex issues understandable.
- With a good teacher in the theory course you are spared
- A multimedia treatment of the material and a relaxed and
objective atmosphere make concentration easier and ensure efficient learning.
- You can have the classroom shown to you, and – if you are nearby – speak to the lecturer. As a dedicated member of the driving team, he will be pleased to provide you with information about the course content.
- A pedagogically good and capable driving instructor will be
able to teach you how to drive a car.
- He will explain the practical application of the law and
will train with you in a relaxed environment for your practical drivers license.
- If driving instructors are present during your visit to the driving school, exchange a few words with them.
Frequently, package prices are offered, the following
services should be included:
- Theory training course
- Driving lessons
- Surcharge for night travel
- Surcharge for motorway journey
- Supplement for outdoor travel
- Preliminary examination
- Theoretical examination
- Practical exam
Costs to consider:
The following costs may apply to you outside the package
- Driving lessons
- Charges for driving lessons (motorway, night, evening)
- New preliminary exam
- New theory exam
- New practice exam
- Computer lessons (practicing on the computer)
- Course change (if a course was missed)
Questions you should ask
Here is a list of questions that you should address when
talking to your driving school:
- How long do I have to wait for driving lessons?
- Do I have free choice with my driving instructor?
- How much does a repetition of the theoretical or practical exam cost me?
- How long can I cancel an hour of driving for free?
- Do I still have to pay the driving lesson (s) in case of illness?
- Can I attend a case of illness, a course other than booked?
- Are there surcharges for driving lessons in the evening (e.g. after 5 pm)? If yes, how high are they?